Mechanism of Action
The beneficial effects of chelation are attributed to the association of the metal with an organic molecule, the ligand (glycine). The increased bioavailability of the chelated trace mineral is due to the following.
a. Increased solubility – The chelated minerals are readily soluble in the intestinal contents. This enables the minerals to be homogenously distributed in the digesta and are able to reach the absorbing surface of the intestine.
b. Greater stability in the gut – The chelated minerals are more stable in the digestive tract since it protects the metal from the antagonists present in the diet and from changes in the pH.
c. Enhanced absorption across the intestinal membrane – The chelated minerals are more absorbable than the inorganic form since the coating of minerals neutralizes the charges of each inorganic mineral and prevents the formation of a complex in the intestine.
d. Improved metabolic utilization – Chelated minerals improve metabolic uptake and decrease its elimination in feces.
Benefits of OrganoVin
– Improves eggshell thickness in layers/breeders and reduces egg cracking percentage in older birds
– Corrects lameness issues in broilers and improves performance
– Improves hatchability, fertility, and production problems in breeder birds
– Breeder / Parent Birds: 1kg / tonne of feed
– Broilers and Layers: 500g / tonne of feed
OR as recommended by the nutritionist / veterinarian