Respiratory issues in the flock range in different levels of severity. Generally, different etiologies persist, leading to respiratory problems in the flock. Disease outbreaks like Avian influenza, infectious coryza, acute/chronic aspergillosis, Infectious bronchitis / (IB), Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD), etc. result in respiratory stress, low production, and high mortality rate in birds as well as huge economic loss to the farmers. MucoFort, a herbal feed supplement is a microemulsion of various phytoconstituents that prevents viral or bacterial penetration of the mucosal barrier thus acting as a potent disease preventive system.
For Poultry farmers who are facing issues in treating respiratory disorders, MUCOFORT is a proven solution. It is a herbal respiratory tonic that stimulates a protective mechanism suppressing secondary symptoms. It has decongestant, anti-inflammatory, and bronchodilator properties.
Mechanism of Action
Mucus is the first line of defence against respiratory pathogens which prevents bacterial adheres to the lumen of the respiratory tract. Since mucus is secreted by goblet cells that are present in the mucus membrane. Thus, MucoFort stimulates mucus secretion by increasing the number of goblet cells via making the mucus membrane thicker.
The active component in MucoFort helps in suppressing the secondary symptoms that are characterized by an exudation of inflammatory exudates like cellular debris, inflammatory cells, mucin, and deposition of fibrinous exudates.
Benefits of Mucofort
– Naturally, stimulate the protective mechanism and functioning of the respiratory system
– As a decongestant, for normal breathing in stressed birds
– Anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator in action
– Mucin enhancer, preventing microbial attachment to the trachea
– Improves oxygenation of cells and reduces gasping
– Immediate Action: 24 – 48 hrs relief
– 200 ml in 1000 litres of water thrice weekly